GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS PRIVACY NOTICE – MAY 2018
The purpose of this notice.
This notice tells you how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with the general data protection regulations and other national implementing laws. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Daniel and Hirst Ltd are a firm of Chartered Surveyors and Estate Agents. We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company and our registration number is 272462. Our registered office is 110 Commercial Street, Brighouse, HD6 1AQ. For the purpose of data protection legislation and this notice we are a data processor. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your personal data about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained within this privacy notice.
What personal data will Daniel & Hirst collect and hold?
1) Names and addresses and contact information for buyers and sellers of property.
2) Names and addresses and contact information for landlords and tenants of property.
3) Names and addresses and contact information for potential landlords’ tenants, buyers and sellers.
4) Proof of identification for tenants under The Right to Rent Act.
5) Bank details of tenants and landlords for receiving and paying rents.
6) Name and address and contact details for people whom we are doing surveys and valuations for.
What do we do with this information?
1) We need to be able to contact you as a client/customer.
2) For the process of matching people and property.
3) For the purpose of passing onto solicitors regarding sales and purchase, possibly to third parties such as mortgage advisers, Leaseguard (our referencing agency), contractors for repairs on rented houses and Utilitel for transferring utilities at the change of a tenancy. Only when you have given consent.
Collecting the information
We will collect this information in three ways:-
1) Over the telephone
2) Via email
3) Via visits to the office regarding offers, valuations, general enquiries, etc.
This is the only data Daniel & Hirst Ltd will usually hold about you. We do not get any data about you in any other way. There may be information about you in emails that you send to us.
Keeping your data safe
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and for us to do our job. Your data will be kept in the following ways:_
1) Within the office, paper copies of your information are kept in a filing system.
2) Online data via email, etc. is kept in a secure system which is password protected.
3) Once our work with you is completed your data is kept in a closed file for a further 6 years to comply with RICS Regulations.
Under Data Protection Legislation 2018, Daniel & Hirst Ltd will retain your information on a contractual basis or upon you giving us consent.
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required to by law. We would only share your personal data with third party service providers providing you have given us permission to do so.
Right of Access Correction, Erasure and Restriction
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change please notify us of any changes which we need to be made aware of by contacting us.
Your Rights in Connection with Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
· Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
· Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
· Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of the your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email our data protection point of contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.